Win a chance to see your artwork used as part of ‘Dublin City Council Dublin Winter Lights’
As part of ‘Dublin City Council Dublin Winter Lights 2023’, Dublin City Council would like to invite children to take part in an exciting Winter Art Competition.
The winning artworks will be projected at Barnardo’s Square on Dame Street and on the Dublin City Council Dublin Winter Lights Website during the month of December. The top three entries will also be awarded a prize by the Lord Mayor of Dublin Daithí de Róiste, with those designs used as the Lord Mayor’s official Christmas card for 2023.
The theme for the artwork is ‘Christmas magic in Dublin city’.
“Christmas is such a lovely time of year and I’m really looking forward to seeing the designs the children come up with,” said the Lord Mayor. “This year’s theme celebrates the magic of Christmas in our homes and city so let your imaginations run wild and get drawing or painting!”
The closing date for entries is 20th November. Entry is open to anyone under the age of 18, and all entries should be emailed to [email protected].
All entrants must obtain parental/guardian consent before applying for the competition.
• Artwork should be portrait in an aspect of 9:16/A4 page
• Artwork should follow the theme of ‘Christmas magic in Dublin city’.
• Artwork should not contain any branding or political messaging.
• Artwork may be digital drawing, painting, sketch, collage etc but must be submitted as a high resolution file or scan in .jpeg, .png, .pdf format.
• Please label your file with your name/organisation/group name.
• Please do not place your name/group name within the artwork. Entry names will be projected below the artwork.
• Dublin City Council reserves the right to use any submitted artwork as part of promotional images and materials including social media.
• All applicants must be under 18 years of age as of November 12th 2023.