HVO stands for Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil, it refers to biofuel made from plant waste and renewable materials using a specialist method of hydrotreatment. It’s made from certified 100% waste vegetable oils and animal fats and offers up to a 90% reduction in net CO2 emissions. HVO is stable, renewable, sustainable and high-quality, and therefore offers better combustion, filterability and cold temperature performance than regular fossil diesel.
HVO is not biodiesel. It is a fundamentally different fuel to biodiesel, and as such doesn’t suffer from any of biodiesel’s associated issues.
As an eco-friendly alternative to traditional diesel, HVO offers the following benefits:
- Reduces carbon emissions by up to 90%
- 100% interchangeable with fossil diesel
- Certified sustainable by ISCC
- Cleaner local air
- It can be stored for 10 years
- Improvements to employees health (It transforms the air quality around engines that run on it)
- Exceptional performance and reliability
- No modifications or new equipment required